Sunday, March 21, 2010

Swan

19 March 2010

Swans shooting and stuff


Swans
I've noticed I haven't taken any pictures of swans so far, which is a bit odd as the place is crawling with them. Took the opportunity to do so when one came near the shore expecting food. That's about it really.

Far

Closer

Closer

Closest

Retreat

Close again

A nice quiet park

Nice quiet water

Branches at night

Shooting
Our college accounts are still non-operational so no proper internet yet, but we did manage to assist in the calibration of a high speed compressed air cannon. Meaning I mostly watched. The thing managed to shoot a copper cylinder at over 700 Km/s into what appeared to be a box of laundry. It only dawned on me that this might be dangerous when everybody started taking cover behind walls and equipment before firing.

Stuff
About a week passed, a working week so I figured it's high time I note down some impressions.

The good
  • people are polite and helpful
  • public transportation is efficient
  • if you're staying long enough for it to be worth getting a mobile subscription you can get a lot of phones very cheap
  • most food, including coke comes in preservatives-free flavour
The bad
  • almost no free wifi
  • calling home with roaming is cheaper than by pay phone
  • prepaid cards are 20 euro and come with a 5 euro charge which only works for a week
The ugly
  • I have a project I need to finish back home via email and it's taking longer than expected
  • Two other people I've worked with in the past have contacted me about some projects
  • I need to update yet another project of my own
  • I have the project here

No comments:

Post a Comment